“Frown lines” are caused by our forehead muscles squeezing inward when we frown. Frown lines are mainly caused by aging skin losing its elasticity. However, there are other factors that contribute to our deepening frown lines. The good news is that with positive habits and regular use of Lunaescent, many of these factors can be managed and even reversed.
Here are some of the factors that contribute to frown lines:
· Mental and Physical Stress – “[R]esearch has confirmed skin both as an immediate stress perceiver and as a target of stress responses.”1 In other words, the stress of our everyday lives contributes to changes in our skin, from wrinkles to frown lines.
· Skin Hydration – Hydration (internally and superficially) is an important contributing factor to skin elasticity. Drink plenty of water during the day (8 glasses of water is a general guideline – adjust according to your activity level and weather) and moisturize daily with a good hydrating moisturizer.
· Skin Hygiene – An incomplete or improper daily hygiene for our skin can lead to accumulation of dead skin cells and give the skin a dull and uneven texture. Washing your skin and applying sunscreen through out the day will go a long way to keep wrinkles and frown lines at bay.
· Weather Change – Weather fluctuations or harsh weather (too hot, too cold) can stress our skin. Make sure to combat changes with increasing fluid intake, moisturization, and regularly applying sunscreen.
· Lifestyle Choices – A healthy diet full of antioxidants will nourish your skin from the inside and combat the build-up of free radicals which can damage skin. A healthy diet, not smoking, and reducing alcohol intake will provide the skin with essential proteins such as collagen and elastin and allow the skin to repair itself by creating new cells. The new cells will in turn contribute to a younger and smoother looking skin with more bounce-back and elasticity.
LUNAESCENT addresses many of these factors:
· Facial massage – One of the ways to combat frown lines is to use Lunaescent’s textured pad to massage the tight muscles in the forehead that create the frown. The massaging action will release tension and relax the muscles that contribute to the frown line. Simply apply some beauty oil (almond, argan, rosehip seed, etc.) to the textured pad and massage the forehead starting from the middle and moving in gentle circular motion to the side. Repeat for the other side. The relaxation effect can last for several hours, and you will notice a marked difference in the appearance of your frown lines. Such a massage will reveal which areas are tight, and by relaxing them you will help reduce the physical expressions that contribute to the tightness and wrinkles.
· Sunscreen Application –Sunscreens need to be reapplied periodically during the day to stay at maximum effectiveness. Many people apply sunscreen on their face in the morning and avoid reapplying throughout the day. They do not want deal with thick, white sunblock on their fingers which rubs off on everything. And no one wants slippery, oily hands, especially when there are no washing facilities. Lunaescent solves the dilemma of applying sunscreen on the go. Simply apply sunscreen to the pad and rub the sunscreen into your skin. No fingers, no mess.
· Moisturizer Application – Applying moisturizer in an effective manner hydrates the upper layer of the skin or epidermis. Lunaescent’s pads (patent pending) ensure that the moisturizing product is effectively absorbed into the intended area of your skin in its entirety, instead of getting partially absorbed by fingertips and fingers. You not only use less product, but you will use the product more effectively.
In short, regular use of Lunaescent, in addition to smart lifestyle choices such as good hydration and diet, can lead to a smoother and more resilient skin.
1Chen Y, Lyga J. Brain-skin connection: stress, inflammation and skin aging. Inflammatory Allergy Drug Targets. 2014;13(3):177-190. doi:10.2174/1871528113666140522